FREE MALWARE UTILITIESMalwarebytes
Spybot - search & destroy
More than one "Malware Utility" is good!
- Use several different Spyware Utilities as some tend to miss what others catch.
- Unlike Antivirus Software, you can run more than one utility on the same machine.
- Most vendors offer a Free or a Paid version, the protection is the same but the free versions usually require manual updating. Be aware of the trial period trick, you only want the basic free edition.
- When installing any free software be aware of each page during installation process. The Reason it is Free is they get paid each time you inadvertently install an app or toolbar you don't want!
FREE ANTIVIRUS UTILITIES
Bitdefender (Light for older machines)
Micro$oft Security Essentials (Only install on licencesd OS)
Panda Cloud Antivirus Free
Avira Free Antivirus
Utilities are not necessarily in any rated order as ratings change each month.
Only Install one Antiviruse Utility!
- Unlike with Spyware Utilities, your Computer can not function properly with more than one Antivirus program installed!
- Before changing providers, completely Uninstall the previous utility.
- Once installed, update it and, run scan
- I use
Micro$oft Security Essentials on all my Machines, it is Free and
designed by the Creators of Windows, to Run on Windows. It uses fewer resources
than the Popular Antivirus Utilities in the market. Most of the
competitors are utilizing your resources (Memory) to attempt to sell you
useless security features you will never understand anyway! (It will only install on a legally licensed OS)
The authorities don't give you an online fine!
They come and get you!
When you see this......
It's a Scam!
If you get this warning, don't pay them!
What is it you don't understand about Scam?
Ransomware Removal Tips link
- It is convincing and customized to mimic whatever country you are in e.g. UK E-Crimes division, etc. etc.....
- If you pay, chances are you will download an even bigger threat of Malware on your PC disguised as their Fake Antivirus Utility.
- This breed of Malware is dynamic and they constantly upgrade their tactics to stay ahead of the solutions.
- To remove this threat Google search the version you are dealing with and evaluate your options.